Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
What Is Original Sin?
Film Focus: His video discusses the difference between personal and original sin as well as the things that humankind did and did not lose through original sin. It concludes with a look at concupiscence.
Text Focus: Pages 49-53
- Discuss what it means when we say that original sin is not a personal sin.
- Name two things that humankind did not lose through original sin. Name two things that humankind lost through original sin.
- What is concupiscence?
- How does concupiscence still affect us today?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
- Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?