Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition)
Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
Film Focus: In this episode of Catholic Answers Life, Tim Staples answers the question of how human beings can have free will when we also affirm that God is all knowing.
Text Focus: Page 48
- How did St. Augustine address the question of how humankind can have free will, while maintaining that God is all knowing?
- Does our seeing or remembering the past have any effect on its outcome? How is this also true of God?
- This video gives an example of how foreknowledge of the outcome of an event does not change its outcome. Imagine your own example and discuss how foreknowledge of an event does not make that event occur.
- If God had not created us with free will, how would this change our relationship with God?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture