Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
Film Focus: In this episode of Catholic Answers Life, Tim Staples answers the question of how human beings can have free will when we also affirm that God is all knowing.
Text Focus: Page 48
- How did St. Augustine address the question of how humankind can have free will, while maintaining that God is all knowing?
- Does our seeing or remembering the past have any effect on its outcome? How is this also true of God?
- This video gives an example of how foreknowledge of the outcome of an event does not change its outcome. Imagine your own example and discuss how foreknowledge of an event does not make that event occur.
- If God had not created us with free will, how would this change our relationship with God?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?