Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition)
Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis
Film Focus: This video, from Bishop Robert Barron, examines how Catholics can responsibly read Genesis while accepting the truths gained from modern science.
Text Focus: Pages 22-25 and 31-32
- From your experience or from what you have learned, what are some problems that people sometimes have with the book of Genesis?
- Can we look at the Bible as modern science? Why or why not?
- How is the creation story in the Bible different from the mythologies of the ancient world? Why is this significant?
- What is the significance of Genesis stating the God created the heavens, earth, stars, planets, moon, and animals? What is the relevance for us today?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture