Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition)
Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture
The Four Senses of Scripture
Film Focus: This is an episode from The Religion Teacher which discusses the four senses of Scripture, including the literal sense and the three spiritual senses (allegorical, moral, and anagogical).
Text Focus: Pages 16-19
- Which of the four senses of Scripture is the foundation upon which all of the other senses are interpreted? Explain.
- What does it mean to read the Scriptures according to the literal sense? Can you give an example?
- What does it mean to read the Scriptures according to the allegorical sense? Can you give an example?
- What does it mean to read the Scriptures according to the looking at the moral sense? Can you give an example?
- What does it mean to read the Scriptures according to the anagogical sense? Can you give an example?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis