Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition)
Chapter 1: What’s the Story on Creation?
What’s the Story on Creation?
Film Focus: In this video, Bishop Don Hying discusses the Catholic understanding of creation including the creation of humankind in the image of God, our care for creation, and the literary genre of the creation story.
Text Focus: Pages 3-6
- Why did God create the world and humankind?
- What is the genre of the creation account? Why is this important for our understanding of the story of creation?
- What does it mean for our understanding of the human person that we are created in the image and likeness of God?
- How should the fact that all creation was created good affect the way in which we interact with the created world?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 5: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ’s Passion and Death
- Chapter 9: What Is the Liturgy of the Hours?
- Chapter 9: Rediscover: Forms of Prayer
- Chapter 9: Tips for Praying
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Faith—What Is Prayer?
- Chapter 8: Do’s and Don’ts of Evangelization
- Chapter 8: Bishop Barron on Faith, Hope, and Love
- Chapter 8: Fr. Ben Talks about Formation of Conscience
- Chapter 7: The Four Last Things
- Chapter 7: What Is the Last Judgment?
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 6: Pentecost
- Chapter 6: Mark Hart on Jesus Christ's Resurrection
- Chapter 6: Is the Resurrection a Lie?
- Chapter 1: The Four Senses of Scripture
- Chapter 5: Why Did Jesus Have to Die the Way He Did?
- Chapter 5: Why Was the Cross Necessary (Faith Seeking Understanding)
- Chapter 4: What is a Parable?
- Chapter 4: St. Peter, the First Pope
- Chapter 4: Bible Theater: Luke—Jesus Calls His First Disciples
- Chapter 3: How Can Jesus be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 3: Who is Jesus?
- Chapter 3: Son of God -- Hillsong Worship
- Chapter 2: The Archangels
- Chapter 2: The Bible and Covenant
- Chapter 2: What Is Original Sin?
- Chapter 2: How Do We Have Free Will If God Is All Knowing?
- Chapter 1: Bishop Barron on Misreading Genesis