Chapter 9: Water Poverty
World Over Aftershow: George McGraw on Water Poverty with Raymond Arroyo
Film Focus Point: This EWTN program features an interview with George McGraw of the organization "digdeepwater.com” who explains the critical need for water not only in developing countries but in the U.S. as well. The topic of water poverty is framed within the tradition of Catholic social teaching.
Text Focus Point: Pages 294
- What is the double entendre of the name of the organization: “dig deep?”
- How many Americans understand the acute need for clean water worldwide? In America?
- What are viable ways to build awareness about the need for water in developing countries?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 1: Is consumerism the new religion?
- Chapter 1: What is the Holy Trinity?
- Chapter 1: You Raise Me Up
- Chapter 1: Scandal and The Dignity of Every Human Life
- Chapter 2: What do Catholics mean by authority?
- Chapter 2: Sermon on the Mount: The Beatitudes
- Chapter 2: About Catholic Charities USA
- Chapter 2: Why Catholics care about people living in poverty
- Chapter 3: Peace Depends on Human Dignity (Pope Francis)
- Chapter 3: What is The Moral Principle of Double Effect? (NCBC)
- Chapter 3: The Science of Stem Cells. Finding Cures and Protecting Life (A Catholic View)
- Chapter 3: Assisted Suicide: The Catholic Perspective
- Chapter 4: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 4: An Introduction to the Theology of the Body
- Chapter 4: Contraception, Catholicism, and Humanae Vitae (Columbia Catholic Ministry)
- Chapter 4: Marriage & Cohabitation (Ken Yasinski)
- Chapter 5: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Chapter 5: The Principle of Subsidiarity
- Chapter 5: What Is Natural Law? (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 5: Socrates Meets a Moral Relativist
- Chapter 5: Civil Disobedience (Martin Luther King Jr.)
- Chapter 6: The Legacy of Frederic Ozanam
- Chapter 6: The Cry of the Poor by John Michael Talbot
- Chapter 6: General Awareness Video (Catholic Relief Services)
- Chapter 6: What is the New Evangelization?
- Chapter 6: How do you take down poverty?
- Chapter 7: Rerum Novarum
- Chapter 7: Budgeting for Poverty
- Chapter 7: Is Capitalism Catholic?
- Chapter 7: Vocation 101: What is Vocation?
- Chapter 8: Solidarity Movement in Poland 1970-80s
- Chapter 8: Immigration and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Catholicism and the Just War [Defense] Tradition
- Chapter 8: The Last Acceptable Prejudice (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 9: Creation and the Eucharist
- Chapter 9: Pope on World Environment Day
- Chapter 9: Chief Seattle’s Reply