Chapter 3: Assisted Suicide: The Catholic Perspective
Assisted Suicide: The Catholic Perspective
Film Focus Point: This deeply reflective video by the Michigan Catholic Conference makes a strong case for Catholic values surrounding human life and dignity, and directly relates these to the controversy of physician-assisted suicide. It invites the viewer to consider the limitations of science and the importance of faith to human culture.
Text Focus Point: Page 95
- The title of this video is “Assisted Suicide: The Catholic Perspective.” What is the “Catholic perspective” according to the words and images used in the program?
- What values and concerns are often lost in the debate from those who promote physician-assisted suicide?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Chapter 1: Is consumerism the new religion?
- Chapter 1: What is the Holy Trinity?
- Chapter 1: You Raise Me Up
- Chapter 1: Scandal and The Dignity of Every Human Life
- Chapter 2: What do Catholics mean by authority?
- Chapter 2: Sermon on the Mount: The Beatitudes
- Chapter 2: About Catholic Charities USA
- Chapter 2: Why Catholics care about people living in poverty
- Chapter 3: Peace Depends on Human Dignity (Pope Francis)
- Chapter 3: What is The Moral Principle of Double Effect? (NCBC)
- Chapter 3: The Science of Stem Cells. Finding Cures and Protecting Life (A Catholic View)
- Chapter 4: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 4: An Introduction to the Theology of the Body
- Chapter 4: Contraception, Catholicism, and Humanae Vitae (Columbia Catholic Ministry)
- Chapter 4: Marriage & Cohabitation (Ken Yasinski)
- Chapter 5: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Chapter 5: The Principle of Subsidiarity
- Chapter 5: What Is Natural Law? (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 5: Socrates Meets a Moral Relativist
- Chapter 5: Civil Disobedience (Martin Luther King Jr.)
- Chapter 6: The Legacy of Frederic Ozanam
- Chapter 6: The Cry of the Poor by John Michael Talbot
- Chapter 6: General Awareness Video (Catholic Relief Services)
- Chapter 6: What is the New Evangelization?
- Chapter 6: How do you take down poverty?
- Chapter 7: Rerum Novarum
- Chapter 7: Budgeting for Poverty
- Chapter 7: Is Capitalism Catholic?
- Chapter 7: Vocation 101: What is Vocation?
- Chapter 8: Solidarity Movement in Poland 1970-80s
- Chapter 8: Immigration and the Catholic Church
- Chapter 8: Catholicism and the Just War [Defense] Tradition
- Chapter 8: The Last Acceptable Prejudice (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 9: Creation and the Eucharist
- Chapter 9: Water Poverty
- Chapter 9: Pope on World Environment Day
- Chapter 9: Chief Seattle’s Reply