Part 1E: Romero Full Movie
Romero Full Movie
Film Focus Point: This 1989 movie depicts the final years in the life of Archbishop Oscar Romero of El Salvador. It illustrates how his gradual assimilation into the violent conflict in El Salvador led to his endorsement of peaceful protests against the violent military government, which eventually cost him his life.
Text Focus Point: Page 153
Romero is reluctantly drawn into the clash between the peasants and the military regime in El Salvador. What moments were turning points for him in his resolve to oppose the government?
Romero experienced opposition even from within his own ranks of the clergy. What was the conflict?
What role did the sacraments play in the life of Romero?
How does Romero change from the beginning of the movie until the end?
Who should the Church support in El Salvador? Who should the Church support in the United States?
Looking for teacher resources? Sign in or create an account to request access to teacher materials
- Part 1: What Is the Bible All About?
- Part 1: The Bible: A Brief History
- Part 1: Who Wrote the Bible, God or Humans?
- Part 1: The Four Senses of Scripture
- Part 1: Proof of Noah's Ark?
- Part 1: Aesop's Fable: The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- Part 1: How Did the Old Testament Canon Develop?
- Part 1A: What's the Story on Creation?
- Part 1A: What is a Coventant?
- Part 1A: Fr. Barron comments on Misreading Genesis
- Part 1A: Mysteries of the Church: Sin
- Part 1A: Abraham – A Man of Faith
- Part 1A: Names of God
- Part 1A: Passover, the Last Supper, and the Catholic Mass
- Part 1B: Josiah and the Book of the Law
- Part 1B: Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho (Elvis Presley)
- Part 1B: Deborah and Barak
- Part 1B: Geography of Israel
- Part 1C: Purim Animated
- Part 1C: Archenemy: The Philistines
- Part 1C: David, King of Israel
- Part 1C: Solomon's Temple
- Part 1C: North and South
- Part 1C: Zoroastrianism
- Part 1D: The Mystery of Evil
- Part 1D: Psalm 29
- Part 1D: Psalm 128
- Part 1D: Jesus in the Psalms–1000 BC
- Part 1D: Turn! Turn! Turn! Ecclesiastes 3:1-15
- Part 1E: Prophet Timeline
- Part 1E: Why Study Prophecy
- Part 1E: Dorothy Day
- Part 1E: Jesus the Suffering Servant
- Part 1E: The Prophet Ezekiel and the Sex Abuse Crisis (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Part 1E: Hosea - Come Back to Me
- Part 2A: The Holy Spirit and the Acts of the Apostles
- Part 2: The New Testament Canon
- Part 2B: The Tomb of St. Paul
- Part 2B: Apostle Paul on Love (1 Corinthians 13)
- Part 2B: Philippians 2:5-11
- Part 2B: The Second Coming of Christ
- Part 2B: What is the New Evangelization?
- Part 2B: Paul, Philemon, and Slavery
- Part 2C: The Catholic Letters
- Part 2C: Jesus the Suffering Servant
- Part 2C: Modern Spirituality and Gnosticism (Fr. Barron & Dr. Scott Hahn)